2020 Nominations Now Open!
Region VII supports travel awards to offset the costs of attendance at the NCURA Annual and Regional Meeting.
Travel award applications are NOW OPEN through May 29, 2020!
See below for details.
1. Applicants must be research administrators from within the Region VII geographic area (AZ • CO• ID • MT • NM • UT• WY). Applicants need not be members of NCURA in order to apply.
2. Applications and support letters must demonstrate both the potential benefit of the award and the individual/institutional need for travel assistance.
3. The application and/or the support letter(s) must demonstrate that the applicant has secured their manager or supervisor's approval to attend the meeting.
4. Should the cost of attendance exceed the amount of the award, the application and/or the support letter(s) must confirm that the awardee or the awardee’s home institution will cover the balance.
Selection of the awardees will be determined by the Region VII Award Committee, based on perceived need and potential benefit to the applicant and the applicant’s institution. Selection criteria used by the Committee include:
* Benefit of attendance
* Candidate's contribution to his/her organization, and ability to add value to organization if able to attend the meeting
* Relevant experience of the candidate
* Strength and applicability of support letter(s).
* Reasons why the applicant's institution could not support the applicant's attendance at the meeting in the absence of a travel award
Travel Awards 2020
We continue to plan for both the National NCURA meeting in Washington D.C. in August and the Region VI/VII NCURA meeting in Tucson, AZ in October of this year. In light of that, we are announcing the opportunity to apply for Region VII travel awards to each of these meetings!
Nominate yourself or another peer to help offset the costs of attending either Annual Meeting 62 or Regional Meeting 2020!
Please note: We have removed the criteria that this support is only for first time attendees at these meetings.
Applications for both conferences are due by May 29, 2020
Email completed applications to Natalie Buys at Natalie.Buys@cuanschutz.edu
Past Travel Award Recipients
John Williamson - Colorado State University-Pueblo
Diana Ehrlich - Colorado State University
Emmalee Moore - University of Wyoming
Shannon Malone - Fort Lewis College
Alicia Armentrout - Colorado State University
Sharon Buck - Northern Arizona State University
Kenwyn Richards - University of Idaho
Annette Foster - Colorado State University
Samantha Mayhew - Colorado State University
Audrey Oberlin - Colorado State University
Rachel Norris - Montana State University
Nicole Tuttle - Utah State University
Catherine Douras - Colorado State University
Dianthony Davis - University of Colorado Denver
Spencer Thomas - Huntsman Cancer Institute
Becky Van Zee - Montana State University