2023 Travel Awards
Applications for travel awards for the 2023 NCURA National Meeting and Region VI/VII Fall Regional Meeting are now being accepted. Region VII will be supporting three (4) travel awards. We will award one (1) travel award of $500 in support of conference registration fees for attendance at the National Meeting to be held August 6-9 in Washington, D.C., and three (3) travel awards of $500 each for the Region VI/VII Fall Regional Meeting, to be held September 24-27, 2023, in Anchorage, Alaska. These awards are to help offset the costs of attendance.
The deadline for receipt of applications and nominations for these travel awards is
Wednesday, May 31, 2023.
1. Applicants must be research administrators from within the Region VII geographic area (AZ • CO• ID • MT • NM • UT• WY). Applicants need not be members of NCURA in order to apply, however preference will be given to Region VII members.
2. Applications and support letters must demonstrate both the potential benefit of the award and the individual/institutional need for travel assistance.
3. The application and/or the support letter(s) must demonstrate that the applicant has secured their manager or supervisor's approval to attend the meeting.
4. Should the cost of attendance exceed the amount of the award, the application and/or the support letter(s) must confirm that the awardee or the awardee’s home institution will cover the balance.
Selection of the awardees will be determined by the Region VII Award Committee, based on perceived need and potential benefit to the applicant and the applicant’s institution. Selection criteria used by the Committee include:
* Benefit of attendance
* Candidate's contribution to his/her organization, and ability to add value to organization if able to attend the meeting
* Relevant experience of the candidate
* Strength and applicability of support letter(s).
* Reasons why the applicant's institution could not support the applicant's attendance at the meeting in the absence of a travel award
Past Travel Award Recipients
Kathryn O'Hayre - Colorado State University
Howard Bergman - Arizona State University
Chrissy Charny - Colorado State University
Julie Wenzel - Colorado State University
John Williamson - Colorado State University-Pueblo
Diana Ehrlich - Colorado State University
Emmalee Moore - University of Wyoming
Shannon Malone - Fort Lewis College
Alicia Armentrout - Colorado State University
Sharon Buck - Northern Arizona State University
Kenwyn Richards - University of Idaho
Annette Foster - Colorado State University
Samantha Mayhew - Colorado State University
Audrey Oberlin - Colorado State University
Rachel Norris - Montana State University
Nicole Tuttle - Utah State University
Catherine Douras - Colorado State University
Dianthony Davis - University of Colorado Denver
Spencer Thomas - Huntsman Cancer Institute
Becky Van Zee - Montana State University